If you enjoy your morning routine, why not create an evening routine too? (I assume you’ve read my recent Morning Routine post, if not it is linked below:)
Being consistent with an evening routine created specifically for you can make you feel good by lowering stress levels and promoting a good night’s sleep. An evening routine can also prepare you for the following day and promotes maximum productivity. Here’s some things that you can add to your routine to make it as fun and fitting to you as possible.
- Plan for tomorrow.
- Reflect on your day. You can include gratitude by thinking about the best part of your day and reflect on what you can improve by thinking about what the worst part was.
- Spend some time with your significant other or another family member. This can be in person or over the phone.
- Pamper yourself with an evening skincare routine (please note that you should be doing this anyway for the sake of your skin)
- Listen to some chilled music.
- Recite affirmations before bed to help you feel positive for tomorrow.
- Read something whether that be a book or a blog post.
- Clear your mind with some meditation.
- Tidy up your home so you feel as comfortable as possible.
- Wear pyjamas that you love.
- Go for an evening walk (don’t go alone if it is dark out)
- Listen to a podcast.
- Create a cozy atmosphere by closing the curtains, turning lamps on and lighting candles.